Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bacdraft's bargain roadster

The best kidney massager ever for men in their midlife crisis.
Down in KwaZulu-Natal, Backdraft Racing is developing a new model of its replica Cobras specifically for South African road conditions and pockets.
Company spokesman Daniel Malan said at R350 000 and with a Lexus V8 engine, the SA roadster should "appeal to both the pockets and aesthetics of serious drivers in South Africa”.
Now I don't know about your pocket so much, but I know their roadster is exactly the kidney massager I will need as I enter my midlife-crisis in 2011.

Hence I promise to be VERY good all year and after about 11 months of such self-imposed idleness, make like Julius Malema and demand that Father Christmas put one in my stocking.
For those not in the know, the Backdraft roadsters exports some 300 roadsters per year to the U.S. and factory boss Tony has a long record on our race tracks. His business partner Rudi Malan also make out about suspension set up and tuning.
Which means that at less than R400,000, you can order a blistering, track-tested, road-proven, customised, rear-wheel-driven race car you can get in SA today.
Only problem is, I don't think old Father Christmas will oblige me.
Last time I asked him anything was after I had been good for all of my 14th year. All I wanted as reward was the names of all the girls in my neighbourhood who had not been good...