Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2016

They don't tell you this about the V8 Mustang

Well over a quarter left in a 58 liter tank, but only 41 km range.
In the Ford Rangers built in Pietermaritzburg by former bike and car racer Neil Woolridge, the V8 engine used in the new Mustang gets only 1,4 km from each litre of high octane fuel.
I got at best 15l/100km, or 6 km per liter, so I supposed I should be grateful.
(But my Multipla gets 4,2l/100km on a long road, so impressed I ain't.
At worst, I got only 3000 meters from each liter of fuel.
And I was not even having fun then, but keeping the revs down below 2.
You can of course pull off in just about any gear, but none of them save fuel with that big fuel guzzler up front.
Which means when in the Mustang, you always end up chatting to this lady and her colleagues.



Despite my obvious need to compensate, I think I'll stick to my little electric scooter!
One wonders what consumption these guys got, for that is some foot flat stuff for sure.